10 things you shouldn’t forget for your New Zealand travel
Today I want to list you the 10 most important things that you shouldn’t forget for your New Zealand trip! Without these things, you will not get through the controls or even into the plane for your trip.
So read carefully and of course you are welcome to write in the comments additions if you miss something. The whole list today I chronologically according to my importance:
- Passport valid for longer than your planned travel time
- driver's license & international driver's license so that you can drive if you want to
- International Health Insurance
- Flight ticket & flight plan
- Know visa requirements and know which visa you would like to have (if you want to have a Work & Holiday visa, you have to apply for it beforehand, takes about 1-2 weeks)
- free credit card or enough cash or both
- Camera & sufficient memory cards
- big backpack 55l or similar
- a booked accommodation for the arrival first two or three days
For me these are the ten most important things you should have checked before your trip. Of course, there are even more points, but these are not necessarily important to me, but mostly just “comfort”. This includes for me, for example Books, Tablet PC, Laptop & Travel Guide.
These are things that make the journey more comfortable but of course also have to be carried.
For most airlines you have a free baggage allowance between 20-30 kg. But you also have to be able to carry everything you check in there. Therefor my additional tips, before you travel pack everything. Try how much it weighs and unpack everything you thing you will not really need to survive. I travel with around 12kg of luggage and then have my photo equipment on top of that. And the photo equipment is just a bit and can be packed in the same bag like my travel gear as well. It is still more luggage than I wanted it to be.
We run this blog so you can have a great time in New Zealand. All the articles and the annual visit are not self-financing. Therefore we are happy about your support. Follow this link, you can support us once or on a monthly basis.
We are pleased to receive a tasty coffee (or multiple if you like) and raise a toast for your participation!
Even if it is not widely known. This blog is a full-time job and we would like to help you in the future as well, but this is only possible if you are willing to support us in exchange for your help.
If every visitor donates 1€ per year, our business would be secured for long times. Therefore we count on your support!
We say THANK YOU and wish you a great time travelling New Zealand!